October 13, 2011

From This, To That! - Hutch

I had a wonderful day going to Garage Sales a couple of weeks ago. 
I have to share one of my wonderful items that I purchased for only.... $ 10.00. 
Okay, so it is falling apart a bit.  But I fell in love with it as soon as I seen it. 
Of course, the first thing in my mind was ..Paint it Black
(My family teases me all the time because I tend to paint a lot of things black.)   

So I got it home, took off the broken pieces on the front and removed the the back board, (which was about to fall off), I removed all of the hardware and began cleaning it up.  I sanded it.  I put primer on it.  I had my Father-in-law cut a new trim piece for the top shelf. (Thanks John) I didn't care for the arches.  I added decorative trim to each shelf front and  painted it all Black
I reused the hardware.  I looked into buying new hardware but I really didn't find anything I liked and I didn't want to spend that much money.  Man, hardware is expensive!

 I love taking an old item and turning it into something wonderful.
I wish I could do this everyday.
I thought about selling it...but as you can see I have found a special place for it in our home.


Star Items
All of the items with a star on it, I  bought them at Garage Sales
I love a gently used item for a cheap price!!

1 comment:

  1. I CAN not believe what you did to that hutch!!! Amazing!! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete